Bishop Hendricken High School seeks a Development Coordinator to support the organization’s fundraising priorities by overseeing the office’s database and planning, executing, and managing events for our donors and alumni. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development, Communications & Marketing, and Business Offices and volunteer committees to support Bishop Hendricken by engaging individual donors, corporate sponsors, and event committee members with memorable events that energize the community around the school’s mission.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this person will be responsible to:
- Promote and articulate the mission and vision of Bishop Hendricken to all constituents
- Receive visitors and answer the office’s main phone lines professionally; collect and distribute departmental mail
- Maintain the Development database and coordinate all activities relative to the execution of the Annual Fund solicitation
- Post batches, record gifts, and reconcile all cash receipts to submit to the Business Office daily; reconcile with the business manager monthly and upon request
- Run reports and execute queries from the database to fulfill requests for data reports for Development, Communications & Marketing, Business, and other offices upon request
- Process thank you letters from the President, Director of Development, and others as required for follow-up
- Process in-kind donations, volunteer acknowledgments, tax receipts, etc.
- Provide support for a comprehensive annual appeal program, which includes event planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals, phone-a-thons forms, and various mailings with a high degree of customization
- Manage logistics for all development special events by creating and managing project plans, timelines, and budgets for each event
- Manage relationships with external vendors and internal departments to facilitate services for each event, including overseeing vendor contracts and payment schedules
- Coordinate with the Communications & Marketing Office on the production of all event materials such as save-the-dates, invitations, event websites, programs, signs, sponsor recognition, social media, and event photography
- Manage all required post-event activities such as donor follow-up, debriefing with event committees, final reporting, and closing out of vendor invoices
- Document all relevant constituent information within 24 hours in the Blackbaud System
- Serve as the on-site point person for all special events; coordinating vendors, internal staff, Board members, guest speakers, honorees, and guests
- Coordinate with high-profile guest speakers and honorees, including at times arranging travel, accommodations, etc.
- Develop strategies aimed at generating the desired event attendance and, if applicable, revenue
- Steward and cultivate relationships with individual donors, corporate sponsors, and Board members through event committees and attendance at events
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven success in planning and executing high-profile events of various sizes, preferably for a nonprofit organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team, including close coordination with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes within a set timeframe
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work proactively and independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on several events and projects simultaneously
- Experience with a CRM donor database preferred but not required (Blackbaud or other related software)
- Flexibility and “grace under pressure” – the ability to adapt to changes and unexpected events
- Expertise in managing donor information with discretion and confidentiality
The position is full-time, on-site. This position requires occasional nights and weekends for committee meetings and special events.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.