ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Development (Fundraising) reports to the President and directs the organization’s advancement, fundraising, donor engagement efforts. With a primary focus on donor strategy, the Director of Development leads the advancement team in development, communication, and brand management efforts. This position serves to engage current and new supporters, increase financial investment in Bishop Hendricken, and build an increasingly strong and diverse network of stakeholders. As the chief fundraiser, the Director of Development spends considerable time visiting with and stewarding donors, partners, and prospects across the U.S. and represents Bishop Hendricken publicly as an extension of the President and administration in order to secure major and transformational gifts.
The Director of Development collaborates with the Board of Advisors’ Development Committee, works closely the administration (President, Chief Financial Officer, etc.), and leads an advancement team to set and achieve annual and long-range fundraising goals, measuring progress throughout the year to ensure success. The Director of Development collaborates with program staff to support funding needs and priorities, and works with the Communications & Marketing Office to ensure consistent branding, clear and targeted messaging, and strengthened relationships with supporters.
Development, Stewardship, and Communications
· Develops and oversees implementation of development plan in consultation with leadership and advancement teams.
· Manages a portfolio of donors and prospective major donors across the northeast by leading in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; maintains current documentation of activity.
· Develops and strengthens relationships with individuals, corporations, government agencies, and foundations.
· Spends a large amount of time traveling to develop relationships and cultivate donors throughout the northeast.
· Delegates and oversees creation of donor-related materials, including print and electronic appeals, stewardship communication, and meeting packets.
· Collaborates with administration to coordinate baseline annual fundraising targets with organizational strategic objectives and budget.
· Provides timely notice to Business Office of impending gift requests to ensure clear path of accounting and procedures.
· Conducts and records outcome of measurable number of face-to-face visits with donor prospects to solicit major and planned gifts.
· Prepares or delegates preparation of written and verbal proposals, concept and informational materials, endowment and planned giving agreements, and other materials needed to secure major gifts in collaboration with colleagues, as appropriate.
· Solicits a measurable number of major gifts annually while growing a pipeline of new opportunities to support future major gift solicitations.
· Represents organization publicly when President cannot to strategically grow community of humanities stakeholders, working with other staff to coordinate strategic meetings and small-scale events as needed.
· Creates opportunities to increase the visibility of Bishop Hendricken through strategic partnerships, events, and special initiatives as schedule and budget permit.
· Coaches, supervises, and evaluates advancement team and ensures staff members have the tools needed to accomplish their jobs.
· Provides guidance to reports and tracks performance against development plan.
· Communicates regularly with advancement team to strategize about status of stewardship, prospecting, proposals, and appeals; evaluates areas needing focus and growth.
· Contributes approximately 10% of time to collaborative opportunities across the organization.
· Explores new ideas through professional growth opportunities.
Leadership Team and Board
· Meets regularly with members of the Board of Advisors to cultivate and solicit major gifts for organization work and to grow our network of new investors.
· Coordinates meetings every other month with Development Committee and prepares Board of Advisors Development Committee activities, reports, and meeting agendas.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience.
· Personal track record of success in reaching and exceeding fundraising goals.
· Proven ability to establish objectives, set performance standards, and organize and motivate a team to achieve goals.
· Experience in foundation relations/grant writing experience preferred.
· Experience in planned giving preferred.
· Experience hiring, mentoring, and retaining staff.
· Demonstrated project management, organization, delegation, and prioritization skills.
· Experience motivating and collaborating successfully with volunteers.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships of trust and respect with development staff, colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
· Commitment to building a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable community where all people can thrive.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a letter of intent, current resume, and the names/contact information of 3 professional references. The letter of intent should be 1-2 pages long and address:
· Your experience and key successes in the area of implementing and growing a development program. You must include dollar figures and/or percentages to demonstrate growth and impact.
· Your commitment to a donor-centered culture.
· Examples of how you personally have solicited a major gift ($25,000+) or prepared a member of the institution’s leadership to solicit such a gift.
Complete applications to should be sent to:
Fr. Robert L. Marciano, KHS ’75, President
c/o Ms. Kelly Collamati at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop Hendricken High School
Bishop Hendricken High School is seeking part-time kitchen staff to assist in breakfast and lunch services. Flexible hours are available for individuals with some kitchen experience.
Two positions available:
Retired bakers, pizza makers, and deli shop staff are welcome! Paid and volunteer positions are open for anyone interested in joining our team. Reports directly to Director of Food Services.
For more information, or to apply, email Denise Raab, Director of Food Services, at email@example.com.
Bishop Hendricken High School is currently seeking highly qualified and enthusiastic candidates for anticipated faculty positions for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. This proactive approach to accepting resumes for potential positions has significant value when finding highly qualified candidates.
Please email resume and cover letter to Mark DeCiccio ’03, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.